Motor Vehicle Accidents
Motor vehicle accidents can cause devastating injuries. There is often a need for extensive medical treatment and time away from work. It can be overwhelming to cope with the injury, let alone the financial complications associated with medical bills and lost wages.
At Colorado’s VanMeveren Law Group, P.C., our personal injury lawyers help clients recover the compensation they deserve following a car accident. To schedule a free and private consultation, please contact VanMeveren Law Group, P.C., now. We represent people in Fort Collins, Loveland, Greeley, Longmont, Windsor, Estes Park and other northern Colorado communities.
Types Of Motor Vehicle Accidents
We handle personal injury and wrongful death claims involving all types of motor vehicle accidents, including:
- Car accidents — Drunk driving and distracted driving are only two of the possible causes of car crashes. No matter what happened, our firm will investigate thoroughly and assert your rights aggressively.
- Truck accidents — Truck accidents run the gamut from terrible collisions with big rigs to crashes involving much smaller delivery vehicles. We can make sure your interests are protected after any accident involving a commercial vehicle.
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Uninsured or underinsured drivers — If the driver who hit you was uninsured or underinsured, it can make recovery for damages more difficult. We will use our experience to protect your position as much as possible.
Our law firm provides aggressive and caring representation to clients who have suffered serious injuries such as a brain injury, spine injury, loss of limb, complex fracture or other catastrophic injury in an auto accident.
We Advocate For Your Right To Full Compensation After An Accident
Our car accident attorneys help injured clients recover the full compensation they need and deserve from the liable insurance company and other negligent parties. While the insurance company may attempt to deflect liability or provide minimal compensation, our lawyers fight to recover the maximum amount you deserve for lost wages, medical expenses, and pain and suffering. Mr. VanMeveren uses his insurance defense experience and personal injury trial skills to achieve the best possible outcome, keeping his clients involved and informed every step of the way.
Motor Vehicle Accident FAQs
What should I do when an accident happens?
- Call 911.
- Use GPS to identify and record your location, note weather and road conditions.
- Photograph damages to all vehicles involved.
- Photograph any distinctive features of the road or intersection.
- Photograph other drivers involved.
- Photograph driver’s license and insurance card of other drivers involved.
- Complete list of people involved: info of other drivers, witnesses and reporting officers.
- Draw a sketch of the line of travel of the involved vehicles, indicating how the collision occurred.
- Make notes as to what you were doing just before the accident and every detail of what you saw, heard and felt directly after the accident occurred.
- Record all comments made by involved parties and witnesses.
- Provide your insurance and driver’s license information to the other drivers.
- Do not talk about the accident or discuss how the crash occurred with the other driver. If injured, seek medical care immediately.
When you have gathered all the case info, get in touch with our firm. We offer a free initial consultation so we can review your case and answer all of your questions. You can meet with us at our Fort Collins office or via video conferencing from the convenience of your home.
Questions About Insurance Coverage And Claims
Is minimum required insurance enough?
No, minimum limits coverage will not cover any major accident. In Colorado, drivers are only required to have $25,000 of liability coverage per person and $50,000 per accident. If you are sued, your personal assets may be taken. This is why it is very important to carry underinsured motorist (UIM) coverage.
How can I save money on my insurance premium?
Shop around. Rates can vary by several hundred dollars. Maintain a good driving record. Avoid traffic tickets and accidents. Take a driver’s education course. Many insurance companies give discounts to educated drivers. Discounts for safety equipment. Air bags, anti-lock brakes and anti-theft devices can decrease your rate. Choose higher deductibles. Higher deductibles will decrease premium.
Will my insurance rate go up after my accident?
Maybe. Insurance companies use many factors to determine your premium. Traffic violations, age, gender, residential neighborhood, miles traveled, prior accidents and other factors may affect your rate. Different insurance companies use different methods to determine premiums. If you are a good driver, have no traffic violations, and haven’t had an accident in years, then a new accident will probably have little effect on your rate.
What will it cost to retain an attorney?
Nothing. Most personal injury attorneys charge nothing upfront and wait for payment until a settlement or verdict is reached, and this is how our law firm operates. In the event that no recovery is made for you, we do not charge for our services. Most people do not realize attorneys spend a significant amount of time and money on your behalf hiring investigators to survey the accident scene, interviewing witnesses, paying court filing fees, and spending a significant amount of time analyzing your case – all before receiving payment.
Contact Our Team Of Experienced Accident Attorneys
For a free, no-obligation case evaluation, please contact the Fort Collins auto accident attorneys at VanMeveren Law Group, P.C. We’ve represented clients throughout Wyoming, Colorado and Arizona.