Understanding What You Should Do After Being Injured In An Auto Accident
Many serious injury cases result from motor vehicle accidents of all kinds, including car crashes, 18-wheeler or semitruck accidents, motorcycle wrecks, tractor-trailer accidents, head-on collisions, SUV rollovers and other auto accidents on the road.
At VanMeveren Law Group, P.C., we represent individuals and their families who have suffered catastrophic injuries, such as brain or spinal injuries, as a result of the negligence of another party in a car crash. Based in Fort Collins, we serve clients throughout Northern Colorado.
Our auto accident attorneys treat every client with care and consideration, always making sure that he or she is satisfied with our course of action. We keep our fees reasonable and negotiable on a case-by-case basis, and we never charge you unless we win your case.
Take These Steps To Protect Your Right To Compensation
- Obtain the name, address and telephone number of the drivers involved in the accident.
- Obtain each driver’s car insurance company’s name and telephone number, and the policy number, if available.
- Report the accident immediately to the police and your insurance company, regardless of who is at fault.
- Cooperate with the police in preparing an accident report.
- Photograph the vehicles involved in the accident.
- See a physician without delay if you are experiencing pain. Unfortunately, most times the pain will not subside without some treatment.
- Get legal advice from a reliable lawyer before filling out insurance documents or giving recorded statements to any insurance company (even your own company), or meeting with any insurance company representative.
- Photograph your injuries. This will support the magnitude of your injury as bruises and cuts may heal, but tissue beneath the skin may not completely heal.
- Gather all insurance policies in your household for evaluation by an attorney. You may be entitled to insurance coverage for a separate insurance policy.
- Get a lawyer’s advice before signing any check or document from an insurance company.
For a Fort Collins, Colorado, auto accident lawyer with a proven ability to get you the compensation you deserve, contact our firm. We serve Southern Wyoming and the Northern Colorado communities of Fort Collins, Denver, Loveland and many more. We frequently assist students and staff of Colorado State University, University of Northern Colorado, University of Colorado and University of Wyoming.