On New Year’s Eve, VanMeveren Law Group will cover the cost of a safe ride home through zTrip between 9pm on December 31st and 2am on January 1st.
We’ve seen the outcome of life-altering injuries caused by impaired drivers and it’s important to us to be part of the solution in Larimer County. We launched Justice Rides in 2021 so that you can get home safely on special occasions like New Year’s Eve.
Whether you are too impaired to drive or your companion is too impaired to get you home safely, a simple phone call can make a positive impact on your night.
Planning ahead is the best way to avoid impaired driving.
It’s easy to say, “I’ll just have one drink,” or “I can handle it.” But when you’re out drinking with friends, it’s easy to lose track of how many drinks you’ve had and how much alcohol is actually in your system.
If you want to make sure you don’t get behind the wheel of a car after drinking, it’s important that you plan ahead by setting a limit for yourself and making arrangements for someone else to take you home. It may mean missing out on some aspects of socializing with friends, but it will help keep you safe and avoid hurting others along the way.
Have a Plan
When you’re out for the night, it’s easy to get swept up in the moment and forget about what’s really important: your safety.
There are three things you can do to make sure you’re driving responsibly, and keeping everyone around you safe.
- Have a plan for getting home before you leave for the night. Either designate a driver in your group or have a trusted friend on standby who is willing to help when you call.
- Don’t drink too much. You know how it goes: one delicious cocktail turns into three… “just two beers” turns into seven…one glass of wine turns into four…before you know it, you’ve had too much.
- Don’t drink alone. If you know you have trouble stopping when you should, make sure someone is with you to help you stay within agreed-upon limits.
Commitment to Safety
All of us as VanMeveren Law Group want you to feel free to have fun and feel safe in your community. That means if you’re out at a bar or party, celebrating the great things to come in the new year, we want you to have the best start with no arrests, no injuries, and nothing that will get in the way of a promising 2023.
There is no need to sign up or pre-register. Simply hail a ride through zTrip and let them know you’d like a Justice Ride home. We’ll take care of the rest.
- Safe rides home are on us from Dec. 31 at 9pm through Jan. 1 at 2am, within Larimer County.
- Drivers will only transport one-way to a home address, not another bar or party location.
- Passengers must abide by zTrip rules and requirements while using their service.
- When you schedule your ride through the app or by phone, use code “Justice” and your ride is on us!
- Add zTrip to your contacts so you have the number handy: 970-224-2222.