Put A Former Insurance Defense Attorney On Your Side

Read Our Frequently Asked Questions To Learn More About Your Options After A Serious Personal Injury

You had no reason to know you’d be injured. But now that it has happened, you undoubtedly have many questions about what your rights are and how to move forward with your life.

At VanMeveren Law Group, P.C., in Fort Collins, we have the skill and proven experience to help you through this. We encourage you to contact us today to arrange a free consultation about your specific situation with an experienced attorney. Call 970-792-2103. Based in Fort Collins, we serve clients throughout Northern Colorado.

General Personal Injury

How important is insurance in Colorado injury cases?

Insurance issues are very important in injury cases. This is especially true in car accident cases, where dealing with insurance adjusters to get fair value for your claim is critical. Insurance issues can also arise in cases involving dangerous property conditions, such as when homeowners insurance provides coverage for injuries caused by animal bites or other conditions that put others at undue risk of harm.

What should you do after an accident in Colorado?

The most important thing is of course to get any medical treatment that you may need. If the injury is obviously serious, you or someone else should call 911 so you can go to the emergency room. Keep in mind, however, that even if you don’t think you are seriously hurt, some injuries – particularly brain injuries – can take longer to show themselves fully. So even if you don’t go the ER right away, you still may need to get your condition checked out by a doctor of your choice.

Questions About Attorney Counsel

In a Colorado Personal Injury Claim, what am I entitled to be compensated for?

Subject to some exceptions, a person who sustains an injury due to the negligence of another is entitled to be compensated for:

  • Past and future medical bills
  • Aggravation of a preexisting condition
  • Lost wages and/or loss of earning capacity
  • Property damage to your vehicle
  • Pain, suffering and other “noneconomic damages”
  • If you are married, your spouse may be entitled to compensation for their loss of consortium.

Questions About Physicians And Medical Care

I have a prescription for medication. Will the pharmacy bill my insurance company?

Most pharmacies do not bill the auto insurance companies for medication. You will need to pay for the medication first and wait until the case settles to be reimbursed the money you paid out. If you have health insurance, depending upon your plan, they may front the cost and request to be reimbursed from any recovery. If you have medical payment coverage on your own insurance, these benefits will reimburse your out-of-pocket costs.

Questions About Treatments Like X-Rays And MRIs

I have a prescription, but can I choose an imaging facility in Fort Collins, Colorado?

An X-ray or MRI prescription works in the same manner as a drug prescription. You can have your X-ray or MRI performed at the imaging facility of your choice. A prescription is required for an X-ray or MRI diagnostic test.

Will I have to remove my clothes?

As a precaution, a gown may be required due to metallic fasteners and metallic fibers in clothes.

I’m afraid of being in tight spaces. Is there an open MRI design?

Many MRI facilities now have modern equipment with a more open design to accommodate patients who are claustrophobic or obese. If you think that open MRI equipment would be better for you, please call ahead to the MRI facility to ensure that they can accommodate your needs with open MRI technology.

I have piercings. Do I need to remove them?

All metal objects need to be removed, including earrings, dentures, hearing aids and all piercings. Metal objects will obscure inside bodily structures and make it difficult for a radiologist to read the films. By remembering to remove these items at home, you will save time, keeping your appointment on schedule.

When do I get the results?

Results of your X-ray or MRI test will usually be available within two to three days. Your prescribing physician will give you an explanation of the results.

Take action: If you have been injured due to someone else’s negligence, don’t be shy about getting help to pursue the full and fair compensation you need. Give us a call today to schedule a confidential consultation with a lawyer. Or, if you prefer, complete the online form.

Disclaimer: The information you obtain at this application is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation. We invite you to contact us and welcome your calls, letters and electronic mail. Contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not send any confidential information to us until such time as an attorney-client relationship has been established.