Dedicated Representation In Fort Collins For Car Accidents
Have you been seriously injured in a car crash or another type of motor vehicle collision? Was a loved one injured or killed in an auto accident? If so, you should speak to a Fort Collins car accident attorney at VanMeveren Law Group, P.C., as soon as possible.
Our team of experienced accident attorneys offers a free initial consultation on all serious personal injury matters. To set up an appointment, email us or call our office at 970-792-2103.
From our office in Fort Collins, we represent clients throughout northern Colorado, including Loveland, Greeley, Boulder, Longmont, Windsor, Berthoud, Wellington and Estes Park.
On This Page:
Why You Need Help From VanMeveren Law Group, P.C., After A Car Accident
If you have been injured in a motor vehicle accident or lost a loved one in a car crash, you want an experienced attorney with a comprehensive knowledge of the challenges you face.
Before dedicating his practice exclusively to the needs of injured people, attorney Bryan VanMeveren spent years as an insurance defense attorney, where he worked with many of the top defense lawyers in the country. The knowledge that he has accumulated through his experience in handling the defense of insurance claims enhances the effectiveness of our entire team of motor vehicle accident lawyers.
We know how insurance companies work to delay, diminish or deny your claims. At VanMeveren Law Group, P.C., we understand personal injury claims from all perspectives. Our car accident attorneys can help you recover the full compensation you need and deserve from the liable insurance company and other negligent parties. While the insurance company may attempt to deflect liability or provide minimal compensation, our lawyers will fight to recover the maximum amount you deserve for lost wages, medical expenses, and pain and suffering.
Our practice was developed with attorney VanMeveren’s insurance defense experience as a foundational strength. We will apply our personal injury trial skills to pursue a favorable outcome for you. We will keep you involved and informed every step of the way. Our lawyers will be your advocates, helping you get all the compensation you are eligible for.
Types Of Car Accident Cases
We protect the rights of people who have been hurt in all types of traffic accidents, including:
- Car accidents: Drunk driving and distracted driving are two of the most common causes of car crashes. Rear-end collisions, T-bone crashes, sideswipes and head-on collisions are all descriptors of automobile accidents that happen regularly. No matter how your accident occurred, our firm will investigate thoroughly and assert your rights aggressively.
- Truck accidents: Truck accidents run the gamut from terrible collisions with big rigs to crashes involving much smaller delivery vehicles. We can make sure your interests are protected after any accident involving a commercial vehicle.
- Motorcycle accidents: Drivers of other vehicles often allege after the fact that they did not see motorcycles before colliding with them or forcing them out of lanes of traffic. We hold negligent motorists accountable.
- Bicycle and pedestrian accidents: We are experienced in handling hit-and-run cases as well as other accidents affecting bicyclists, walkers and joggers.
- Uninsured or underinsured drivers: If the driver who hit you was uninsured or underinsured, it can make recovery for damages more difficult. We will use our experience to help you pursue compensation through your own underinsured or underinsured motorist coverage (UM/UIM) if necessary.
At VanMeveren Law Group, P.C., we recognize that every car accident claim is unique. We take the time to learn the specific details of your accident so we can tailor our representation to meet your needs.
When Injuries Are Serious, Catastrophic Or Fatal
Motor vehicle accidents can cause devastating injuries. It can be overwhelming to cope with the injury, let alone the financial complications associated with medical bills and lost wages.
Attorney Bryan VanMeveren is trained in outdoor emergency care. He understands injuries and can speak with doctors and physicians in their own language. This proficiency with medical terminology extends to all our car accident lawyers. We adeptly handle accident cases involving all types of injuries, including serious and catastrophic losses such as brain and spinal cord injury, paralysis, amputation and loss of limb.
You may need long-term medical care, physical therapy and rehabilitation. We represent injured people with skill and dedication. We also bring wrongful death actions for close family members who may struggle to return to a sense of normalcy after losing loved ones in car accidents. If your loved one died in a crash and you qualify to bring a wrongful death claim, we will help you pursue financial support for lost wage replacement, funeral and burial costs, and acknowledgment of your emotional pain.
Whether responding to claims for injuries or fatalities, the insurance companies involved will likely throw obstacles in your path as you try to get the compensation you need to move on with your life. Our car accident lawyers are not afraid to take on insurance companies and their attorneys. We have helped others in cases similar to yours.
What To Do When You Have Been Injured In An Auto Accident
The moments following the accident can be critical. Our attorneys offer advice on what is important to do following a car accident, as follows:
- Call 911.
- Use GPS to identify and record your location; note weather and road conditions.
- Photograph damages to all vehicles involved.
- Photograph any distinctive features of the road or intersection.
- Photograph other drivers involved.
- Photograph the driver’s license and insurance card of other drivers involved.
- Complete list of people involved: info of other drivers, witnesses and reporting officers.
- Draw a sketch of the line of travel of the involved vehicles, indicating how the collision occurred.
- Make notes as to what you were doing just before the accident and every detail of what you saw, heard and felt directly after the accident occurred.
- Record all comments made by involved parties and witnesses.
- Provide your insurance and driver’s license information to the other drivers.
- Do not talk about the accident or discuss how the crash occurred with the other driver. If injured, seek medical care immediately.
Get in touch with our firm as soon as possible following your car accident. We offer a free initial consultation so we can review your case and answer all of your questions. You can meet with us at our Fort Collins office, via video conferencing or we’re happy to come to you.
For more tips, follow this link for a free Personal Injury Case booklet.
Case Results Achieved By Our Car Accident Lawyer In Fort Collins
With over 180 five-star Google reviews and excellent testimonials, VanMeveren Law Group, P.C., is a proven leader in car accident law. As some of the highest-rated attorneys in Fort Collins, we pride ourselves on producing the best results for victims of car accident injuries. Check out some of our recent results:
Motor Vehicle Crashes
- $11,432.00 – Intersection side swipe collision, soft tissue injuries
- $100,000.00 – Left-turn, failure to yield, internal bleeding and trauma
- $83,333.33 – Vehicle collision on icy road, serious injuries
- $50,000.00 – Failure to yield, physical trauma
- $100,000.00 – Failure to yield, cervical injuries
- $83,333.33 – Vehicle collision on icy road, serious injuries
- $100,000.00 – Multivehicle collision, spine and knee injuries
- $25,000.00 – Interstate collision, soft tissue injuries
- $12,479.26 – Multivehicle collision, back and shoulder injuries
Rear-End Car Collisions
- $25,000.00 – Rear-end collision
- $35,000.00 – Rear-end collision, failure to yield
- $50,000.00 – Rear-end collision, failure to yield
- $194,600.86 – Rear-end collision, distracted driver
- $85,000.00 – Rear-end collision, multiple injuries
- $10,000.00 – Careless driving, head and abdominal trauma
- $35,000.00 – Multivehicle collision, soft tissue injuries
- $225,000.00 – Failure to yield, fractured leg
- $300,000.00 – Failure to yield, severe chest injuries
- $100,000.00 – Failure to yield, severe neck and back trauma
- $180,000.00 – SUV vs. motorcycle, fractured ribs and tibia
- $20,000.00 – Careless driving, head and hip trauma
- $155,000.00 – Careless driving, fractured ankle and PTSD
- $76,500.00 – Failure to yield, T-bone collision
- $142,500.00 – T-bone collision, spine injuries
- $35,000.00 – Failure to yield, chest, neck, and leg trauma
- $100,000.00 – Failure to yield, T-bone collision
- $25,000.00 – Failure to yield, T-bone collision
- $100,000.00 – T-bone collision, critical internal and external injuries
- $150,000.00 – T-bone collision, soft tissue injuries
- $45,000.00 – Failure to yield, spine injuries
- $77,398.18 – Failure to yield, permanent impairment
- $51,998.00 – Sideswipe of parked car, severe shoulder and spine injuries
- $121,600.00 – Car vs. pedestrian incident, head and neck trauma
- $100,000.00 – Car vs. pedestrian incident, fractured pelvis and head injury
- $25,000.00 – Multivehicle collision, chest and leg injuries
- $120,000.00 – Parked car sideswipe, severe chest and spinal injuries
- $100,000.00 – Impaired driver, cervical and soft tissue injuries
- $25,000.00 – Careless driving, head and back trauma
Recreational Vehicle Accidents
- $150,000.00 – Car vs. all-terrain vehicle, head trauma
Contact VanMeveren Law Group, P.C., After A Car Accident
At Colorado’s VanMeveren Law Group, P.C., our personal injury lawyers help clients recover the compensation they deserve following a car accident. To schedule a free and private consultation, please contact us now.
To reach our law offices, email us or call 970-792-2103. Evening and weekend meetings can be arranged by request. We will come to your house or hospital for an appointment, if necessary. We represent clients in Colorado, Wyoming and Arizona.
We Will Advocate For Your Right To Compensation After A Motor Vehicle Accident
Our car accident attorneys help injured clients recover the full compensation they need and deserve from the liable insurance company and other negligent parties. While the insurance company may attempt to deflect liability or provide minimal compensation, our lawyers fight to recover the maximum amount you deserve for lost wages, medical expenses, and pain and suffering.
Mr. VanMeveren uses his insurance defense experience and personal injury trial skills to achieve a favorable outcome, keeping his clients involved and informed every step of the way.
Motor Vehicle Accident Insurance And Legal Counsel FAQs
Bring your questions such as the following to your initial consultation or ask us anytime. We are here for you after a car, truck or motorcycle accident.
Is the minimum required insurance coverage enough?
No, minimum limits coverage will not cover any major accident. In Colorado, drivers are only required to have $25,000 of liability coverage per person and $50,000 per accident. If you are sued, your personal assets may be taken. This is why it is very important to carry underinsured motorist (UIM) coverage.
How can I save money on my insurance premium before a possible future accident?
Shop around. Rates can vary by several hundred dollars. Maintain a good driving record. Avoid traffic tickets and accidents. Take a driver’s education course. Many insurance companies give discounts to educated drivers. Get discounts for safety equipment. Airbags, anti-lock brakes and anti-theft devices can decrease your rate. Choose higher deductibles. Higher deductibles will decrease premiums.
Will my insurance rate go up after my accident?
Maybe. Insurance companies use many factors to determine your premium. Traffic violations, age, gender, residential neighborhood, miles traveled, prior accidents and other factors may affect your rate. Different insurance companies use different methods to determine premiums. If you are a good driver, have no traffic violations and haven’t had an accident in years, then a new accident will probably have little effect on your rate.
What will it cost to retain an attorney?
Nothing. Most personal injury attorneys charge nothing upfront and wait for payment until a settlement or verdict is reached, and this is how our law firm operates.
Most people do not realize attorneys spend a significant amount of time and money on your behalf by hiring investigators to survey the accident scene, interviewing witnesses, paying court filing fees, and spending a significant amount of time analyzing your case – all before receiving payment. If no recovery is made for you, we will not charge for our services.
Also, see our general personal injury FAQs.
Contact Our Team Of Experienced Accident Attorneys After A Crash
For a free, no-obligation case evaluation, please contact the Fort Collins auto accident attorneys at VanMeveren Law Group, P.C., by calling 970-792-2103 or sending a brief message online. We’ve represented clients throughout Wyoming, Colorado and Arizona.
We handle all personal injury claims, including car accident cases, on a contingency fee basis. No attorney fees will be charged unless we recover compensation for your losses.